View Single Post
Old August 30, 2018, 09:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
I barely watched Bangladesh cricket lately, so I do not profess to know more. However at the time that I did, I always regarded Sabbir as a unique talent.

Sabbir is a game changer, someone with a cool head. Yes he will fail more than he succeeds but with Sabbir in the team I would still watch the game even if the required rate reaches 10-12 runs per over. If he is dropped because of his off the field antiques than I have no problem, but if he is dropped for his performance than I think the selectors are crazy.

I still remember watching him for the first time against Afghanistan (he was playing for Bangladesh A team). He hit 6 of the last ball to win the game for BD A (in China).

Since than he was far better performer in the first edition of BPL but selectors constantly ignored him till Haturasinghe gave him his chance. I just do not trust our selectors.
Did the heat do something to your head? Sabbir isn't a game changer and he can't be even considered a big hitter at all. When did Sabbir win us a match when the run-rate was anywhere close to 10. All our ODI wins that involve going to the last over has one of the seniors play till the very end (Mushfiq mostly).