View Single Post
Old September 2, 2018, 02:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibal
What's wrong with appreciating sylhetis for being good looking and religious?

Not saying sylhetis are only good looking, I've seen a lot of pretty non-sylheti girls as well. From what I've observed in Canada, those pretty non sylhetis are extremely liberal and white washed girls who enjoy drinking and partying. Not that sylheti girls don't do such things, as I'm pretty sure there are some as well, but I've seen and heard off far more non sylheti girls having such bad habits.

In the city where I live, a pretty muslim non-sylheti girl just recently married a hindu punjabi indian guy without getting him to convert; the entire non-sylheti community was blessing the marriage with "mashallah" celebrated the wedding very lasciviously; of course observing things like that leaves me with a bad impression. Again this my personal perspective from what I've observed in Canada, I do not mean any offense.
The way you worded it previously , it kind of sounded like the rest of Bangladesh doesn’t give emphasis on religious beliefs. I didn’t say anything about being good looking. Hence my comment.

For a guy expecting his life partner to be religious you have a keen eye on analysing women 😁

And one big barrier to your grand sheme of things:your potential in laws would be a restaurant owner who most likely sell alcohol to run his business and 95% be from Syleth. How would your religious principles overlook such a thing?