View Single Post
Old September 3, 2018, 03:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibal
Lol sylheti immigrants all over the world are the same. Even my father owns an indian restaurant: My father and mother have performed their Hajj duties alhamdullilah, but my dad went back to attending his restaurant again lol. Unfortunately the restaurant business is our livelyhood which payed for everything in our lives which included my education. No muslim in the entire world is perfect, but we should always strive to improve on our deen
I was expecting such a typical reply. You dont really want to address the issues and actually kind of beat around the bush bro as your answers are vague.

My point was specifically about selling alcohol to run a restaurant not running a restaurant alone. You had said the Quran doesnt like women wearing Niqab, can you tell me where it says it is permissible to sell alcohol?

Muslims I have come across have stopped either running a restaurant as they might need to serve alcohol or have taken another occupation. They are trying to improve but probably in Canada they might not be ready ?

You say you dont mean offence to others but if you read your own comments, its quite offensive to non Bangladeshis as you imply or directly say non Sylethis are not upto the mark. Probably you dont mix with the right kind of non Sylhetis because of the reason i will explain below.

The first time when I felt I was a different kind of Bangladeshi was when I mixed with Sylheti people in the UK! They are quite racist from my experience against non Sylethis.

Before you go on beating the drums for Sylethis in the UK, they are mixed up with alot of bad things which include drugs, drinking and partying you just need to go to East London areas near Mile End to witness all of this. Tax fraud, Benefit fraud, Political fraud etc are all majority done by Sylhetis as you had pointed out that 95% of ethnic Bangladeshis come from Sylhet.

That being said Sylethis, are some of the most hospitable and soft spoken people .

Yes I agree no one is perfect, but when the person cant see imperfections in themselves they will never learn to correct it. But what is hypocritical is they find faults with others.

Last edited by adamnsu; September 3, 2018 at 05:38 AM..