View Single Post
Old July 16, 2005, 11:38 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I don't get it - why is everyone voicing their opinion in favor of Scotland, and why not Kenya?

I still think that Kenya will be the next test playing nation, even without a strong fan-base compared to (even) Scotland.

I can understand about the time frame for not thinking about any new test playing nation right now, or think of giving any country test status after 5 to 10 years because of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe's current situation.

But what I gather is that Scotland is currently having a great time with lots of success stories backing them, but still Kenya is just a little bit ahead of Scotland in being the next test playing nation - simply because of their numerous number of wins against other test playing nations - excluding Bangladesh.

For me to agree with those of you who have said in favor of Scotland, rather than Kenya, I think Scotland will have to beat a few of the other test nations - besides Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

On another note, I think the next 5 years will give a light as to which country will earn that next test spot - until the next ICC trophy. In this time-frame, all the 6 teams - Kenya, Holland, Scotland, Ireland, Bermuda, Canada - they'll be playing in proper One Day Internationals and the number of most wins that one of them gets, will probably give an indication to become the next test playing nation.