View Single Post
Old September 24, 2018, 01:23 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif
Imrul Kayes recently since the past couple years has been delivering quite consistently. Ever since end of 2015, he has been averaging 48 with 78 SR which is not bad at all for a guy who is always in and out and much better than Soumya, Liton, Anamul etc. But Hathuru and selectors preference on Soumya and more recently Liton has kept Imrul out of the side unfortunately. Imrul might not be that talented but he works harder than some of the youngsters in our team most definitely and he should be rewarded for that.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...g;view=innings
Fair enough. Given the alternatives, I suppose it is better to stick with Imrul. My biggest worry is that at the WC where it will definitely be high scoring games whether his style of batting will suit us or not. We need somebody like Soumya who can effortlessly go over the inner ring and get us rapid starts while Tamim plays the anchor. Most times I found that Kayes puts additional pressure on Tamim to up the scoring rate. In that sense, even Liton takes pressure off Tamim by being aggressive.