View Single Post
Old September 30, 2018, 06:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Keep in mind this 11 is find a 3 and 7. Mossadek looks like a tailender imo, he's not a candidate for 3 or 7. Give Mominul a run of games at 3.

My 11:

Soumya
Liton
Mominul
Shanto
Mithun
Riyad
Zakir
Ariful
Saifuddin
Miraz
Rubel

Apu, Imrul, Shoriful, Afif
If looking for a number 3 shanto should be the one getting the chances imo, he’s the most qualified for the number 3 spot as far as experience in that position and he’s already in the squads for the national team so to me it’d make sense to play shanto, he definitely needs to play this series even if it’s as opener.

I like the inclusion of afif, mainly because because he and mehedi are probably (at least at current) the two most likely youngsters to have any chance of filling shakibs void in future as far as an all round perspective. Thing is it’s probably too early for afif, probably best to groom him after the next WC, I’d probably leave him alone from any format other than t20s until then and I’d def tell him to work on his bowling.

And this may not be a popular opinion but I’d play Liton and soumya as the openers, sure soumya still looks out of sorts but there is no denying his talent and no denying what he has shown in the past against some really good attacks, if they can get him back into form then he’ll be a huge asset in the WC.

I guess they should give ariful this series as well to give him some experience and have a better look at him, I still reckon al Amin the allrounder is worth a look at though but since he hasn’t been around the national team I’d say that just like with afif they should now prob leave him until after the WC.

Bowling needs mehedi, give him even more experience. Abu hider needs to play to get experience .

Basically this series should test out bench strength and give them experience so really anyone who isn’t in the WC plans shouldn’t be here, only pick and play players in the plan for the upcoming WC. Talking the ODI series when I say that. In tests we play the best team unless some of them need rest and in t20s they can still test out some other young ones if they want to.

T20s, play guys like zakir and afif, they’ve already played a couple of matches in that format so go with them, perhaps even give al amin a look. But the series needs to be WC focused imo.

Last edited by Gowza; September 30, 2018 at 07:50 AM..