Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
https://medium.com/s/powertrip/i-kno...s-4841bc26d753

and ppl read BLS data LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
REALITY!!

https://www.levels.fyi/2018/

ppl are makking 400K with just 5 year experience. 200K+ is the starting salary. facebook doesn't even make the list. And ppl argue with me on BLS data. Perfect example of lack of working knowledge.
i dont know what crawled up this guy's backside, but he needs a colonic badly. Going on and on about list of TOP salaries, all of which are based in san fran... Damn, where do I start with this fathead? Pointing to a list of top salaries is such a dumb argument. Might as well call being an actor lucrative because Tom Cruise has a yacht.

250k in SF IS. A. SH*TTY lifestyle any way you slice it. Period. 400k is decent at best in the most expensive city in the world. You are still going to be surrounded by people making way more, and you will still be budgeting your life like everyone else.

Thats your definition of happiness? Really? No guys, best not to take definitions of happiness from a guy that spends all his time on a forum oversharing his very unhappiness. IF you had a better life idumb, you wouldnt be continuously bringing up an year old thread when the rest of us had moved on. Christ!

If money is your only definition of happiness, become an entrepreneur. 400k in San Francisco is not the answer. Your still a wage slave like the rest. Sure, once in awhile you buy yourself some shiny toys, but still a wage b*tch nonetheless. It will never give you financial independence, definitely not in Cali.

OTOH, the US is full of millionaires, literally millions of millionaires. There are plumbers with plumbing companies in Alabama living the life you want. You will never read about them in forbes, or see them on MSNBC, because their stories aren't sexy. It's just normal, boring, and anyone with the right combo of skillset can do it -- unlike the top engineering salaried positions which often require the right pedigree. Linkedin only hires on campus from a handful of schools. Do you attend those schools? No, then get real.

Once you decide money is not your definition of happiness, and you are indeed destined to become a wage slave, atleast find a job you enjoy. That doesnt mean you live a life of destitution - theres a massive happy, respected medium between poverty and 400k in SF.

If religion brings you happiness, you're in luck because it's free! Accessible to everyone and if it brings you comfort, so be it. Fro the rest, there are other things: love, family, friends, passion. Zeeshan once wrote about Tiger Milon and how following the tigers is his passion and happiness. Give him a job with Google and see how much he likes it.

Irrespective of what you choose, just don't end up a miserable cow like idumb here, lest you become so emasculated that you continue to bring up old threads licking your wounds month after month. One who derails threads so bad that a poost asking how successful are you ends up with him pointing to a list of top salaries as some kind of triumph. Continuously moving the goalpost because he is too much of a fathead to realize his argument rings hollow. Reminds me of that Japanese soldier still fighting it out in the Philippines, too stubborn to surrender when the rest of world had moved on. Damn, where's jadukor to put this old dog to sleep?