View Single Post
Old July 2, 2019, 01:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
What I meant was we only beat one team who is ranked higher than us. Of Course, I want Bangladesh to reach the semi-final. But I feel like we are doing little too much bara bari about our team performance. No doubt out batting has been super consistent but bowling has been one of worst in the tournament. Thus the results are just ordinary. We currently rank 7 in ODI ranking. If we can beat 3/4 top rank teams, then we can say we did well in this tournament. At the end what matters is the result.

It is not barabari to think we can beat Pak team who we beat few months back without Tamim and Shakib period. And why shouldn't we be optimistic about making semis? That is what fans of every country and team expects their team to do. And even the neutrals acknowledge BD has been playing really well in this tournament to be ranked top 5 most of this world cup.

And on flat pitches everyone's bowling suffers so it looks like bowling is awful, so far we have played on flat pitches except the NZ and Afghanistan game and we did pretty well in those. Afghanistan scored more against Pakistan than us when you see closely. And we almost defended a below 250 total against a serious NZ team if not for run out mishaps of their most important player.