View Single Post
Old July 2, 2019, 06:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default We knew this was gonna happen

Every one has been saying this forever, it didn't need to come down to this. We looked at Champions Trophy and how our bowling sufferrred and we didn't do anything. We knew this was gonna happen one time or the other. Forget Mashrafe, Saifuddin has taken 10 wickets but his economy is more than 7. We have settled on a team which is mediocre and we are shameless to keep playing this way.

I think some big changes are going to happen after this world cup, specially in the bowling department. It needs to happen. We can't rely on finger spinners, we cannot rely on a bowler who is out of form forever, we cannot rely on sub 140 kph bowlers, we cannot rely on medium pacers in the start of innings to give us breakthrough period!

I know everyone is going to crucify Tamim for his catch drop - oh what a heartbreak it was. Unless he wins this for us which is highly unlikely, we need to look at what is actually costing us games and not just one moment. Our bowling sucked this tournament, and we gave Saifuddin the new ball along with accomodating an out of form Mashrafe, an injured Mashrafe.

We cannot and I repeat accept mediocrity anymore. When you come to a world cup, you cannot come with a team that is bits and pieces, specially in important positions. I see this world cup as a lesson of missed opportunities and what a costly lesson for us it has been to fix our fast bowling issues.

Over the next couple of years, we have a job in our hands, we need to find and trial and if there is no one then groom new talents, and no more mediocrity to be allowed even near the team.

Just plain angry at the situation we are in. Pathetic team selection, pathetic mentality, disgusting comments from the captain in the press meet even before the game showing that we lost the game before a ball bowled. This is not the Mashrafe I knew, he went for the kill and was always positive.

How we recover from this poor performance with the ball will define our cricket.