View Single Post
Old October 11, 2020, 08:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

iDumb I think your blame is misplaced. As far as moderating goes the recent mods are only maintaining the standards set forth by the founders, if anything they're probably less stringent than their predecessors. Many of the founders and old members were good posters but I'm not sure they had the proper vision for this forum. They assumed you could just open a forum, maintain the status quo and any void created in the future would be automatically filled by new members. But that's not how social media works. As godzilla said, to make a forum successful you have to treat it like a business. You need to keep up with the times and the last thing you want to do is take members for granted. Every now and then you have old members dropping in and saying how much they miss the good old days and such. If you can't bring those folks back who had real emotional connection and spent countless hours posting here during their adolescence and their youth, how can you expect to attract new members who will participate regularly? FB isn't my thing but I give credit to Al and Rinat for at least trying something different