View Single Post
Old March 7, 2021, 12:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Bitcoin is the better choice for value investor. But I’m perfectly happy with my miner stocks. Most of them grew well over 25% just this week alone. I was in on riot when it was trading under 10 dollars. I can see it going to 100 in the near future.
It's funny to hear when someone mentions bitcoin as value play but I understand what u are saying. And the last few sessions in the market kinda proves why these miner stocks can easily get detached from the actual coin.

Also over long term let's say 4 years, they woulnd't be a superior investment because their revenue should go down. Miners sell their btc after mining - that's how they make money. With btc halving, meaning, less btc are rewarded per blocked mined, their future revenue is only bound to go down (even though it may be countered only by a rising btc price).

I just can't see it as a long term play. Short term hold - hell yeah... hold for 5 + years, I am not too sure.. Meanwhile I have set up auto purchase of weekly bitcoin as part of my portfolio just like I do with stocks.