View Single Post
Old March 9, 2021, 12:29 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
It's funny to hear when someone mentions bitcoin as value play but I understand what u are saying. And the last few sessions in the market kinda proves why these miner stocks can easily get detached from the actual coin.

Also over long term let's say 4 years, they woulnd't be a superior investment because their revenue should go down. Miners sell their btc after mining - that's how they make money. With btc halving, meaning, less btc are rewarded per blocked mined, their future revenue is only bound to go down (even though it may be countered only by a rising btc price).

I just can't see it as a long term play. Short term hold - hell yeah... hold for 5 + years, I am not too sure.. Meanwhile I have set up auto purchase of weekly bitcoin as part of my portfolio just like I do with stocks.
Have to disagree there about miners needing to sell their bitcoins. In fact most miners are now holding their bitcoins. Even after every bitcoin is mined you’ll need the miners for the network. The idea is simple as mining gets harder, price of bitcoin will rise further which itself should make mining still profitable. 5+ year of being vested in miners might not be such a bad idea if you fundamentally think bitcoin price will keep going up.