View Single Post
Old September 27, 2023, 08:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
In the manner in which Shakib spoke about Tamim, Mushfiq, Ryad and Mashrafi tells you a lot. He may not be anyone's enemy but he is definitely not their friend. Whatever happened to defending your teammate and sticking with your teammate through rough patches. It seems he is very happy to sit in a corner and watch all the drama happen. At the end of the day Shakib performs and he is the only real consistent performer we have. I think he has a decent tactical mind but he is not an inspirational leader like Mashrafi was. His approach is a cut-throat corporate approach which is you are on you own, perform and survive, I am not gonna do **** for you even though I have power and influence.

And Shakib is the type of people BD cricket actually need. The senior in general are toxic mentality...look at Mushy, he actually wanted to throw cricket ball at a junior player during a BPL. The guy celebrates even before game is actually won then goes on the lose the game. I mean wth!

Seniors probably thinks just because they are seniors BD cricket owes them even when they are unfit or in poor form. They were paid huge salary, flats, etc for their services.

Mahmudullah was made to work hard to earn his place in the WC Squad. They didnt just simply select him just because he is a senior player. Then BD fans emotions kicks in without realizing anything.

I am predicting BD to actually do well, and Tanzid to come good at least few of the games. He has 100+ SR in Youth ODIs.