View Single Post
Old August 22, 2005, 07:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Supporting our own country

For the last few days we hav been sharing a lot of thoughts, arguments regarding afro-asian series. Some had +tive ideas while some had -tive. But 1 thing 4 sure, its not possible to mek any conclusion with these arguments.

I used 2 turn my PC on 2 check if ash/mash playing and spent the rest of the day mentioning the wildest words towards the management. But, all I did was frustated myself and I think most of us making the same mistake.

Think, its the players who can mek it. How it wud be, if Ash smashes srilanka on this tour, then India and pakistan? Imagine, Mashrafe ripping through the bating order. Infact it cud be any1 in the team. Caz its not only Ash 'n Mash, its our country been insulted and we hav 2 earn the word "respect" from our opponents. So, the responsibilty belongs 2 every1.

fans, plz dont tek me wrong if it seems I m sugesting we hav nothing to do, we dont hav any responsibilities to maintain. we do hav. And that is y, i opened this thread 2day.

I m not 1 of the oldest member of this forum, still i was able 2 notice few members always hav heart 4 BD, always protested if som1 said anythin wrong about us. even I myself use my stock of (*) words towards them. Un4tunately, i also found, its not the heart that all of us hav. I strongly agree we all lov our country and i m not saying BD team is the most perfect ( I wud like to c ppl making sensible coment, criticism gotto b realistic and justified).

We protest those critics, but how many of us really believe we can do it??? dont we hav fans, having no faith on our players?? dont we hav fans, who dont belive in our own ability?? Now, som1 plz answer me, how we can do it, if we think we cant do it?? If we keep criticising our palyers, those ppl r not wrong doing that.

i am not saying we hav 2 support BD blindly, we must criticise, show our emotion, but thr sud be som reason (its not Ash who scored a golden duck, remember Gibbs dropped the catch of S waugh, they still kept faith on him). If we can love it, hav the rite 2 show our emotions, but if we dont, y do we bother put more shame on our team by making those comments? (only becaz AUS, if it was PAK again, I m sure som1 must doubt a rat in there)

To all BD fans, I leave just few questions, is it what we want our team just keep winning and earning respect and we just wait till they make any mistake and we can raise our voice again? or, how it wud be, if our players feel proud to represent us? do we only want 2 be a good team only, or we want to be the most fancied criket fans alover the world? Can u deny our responsibilities?

The decision is yours.................