View Single Post
Old November 21, 2005, 01:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by Sauron

Ash did not say that he can play soccer better than our footballers. He just said if footballers get so much money, cricketers definitely deserve their share.
Correction. He just didn't said if footballers get so much money, cricketers definitely deserve their share. Based on DailyStar, what he said is,
"National footballers slammed national cricketer Md Ashraful for his statement that the footballers get more money than the cricketers in the team transfer but had not brought any international success." that some how you ignored the later part.

Quote:
The reason he is saying these things is because people have questioned the amount of money he is getting.
You are right that people have questioned the amount of money he is getting. But not necessarily cricketers are getting in general. To shut people’s mouth, only thing Ash needs to do is perform well in domestic league. Shouldn't that be the best reply from Ash? Is it too much to ask from him?

Quote:

For the club, it is an investment. They might get return on it, they might not. But why does it burn people to see Ash getting paid? It's not their money! It is between the club and Ash.
You are right. And that’s true for footballer also. If club desides to pay more than Ash, we shouldn't complain. And same is true for Ash. Pure economics of the infrastructure of football will dictate the supply and demand and threrfore the salary of footballer. Then why its bothering Ash? Comparing players salary between football and cricket is comparing apples and oranges.

Quote:

You guys need to get some perspective and give this 20 yr old some break that he completely deserves.
As far as I know 20 yrs old (on paper. Real age who knows? ) is a adult to me. If I have to give a break I would rather give a break to a 16 years old teen .. not 20+years old adult.

And again instead of blindly arguing, try to see the other point of view instead may be … may be you will see what others are trying to say.

Edited on, November 21, 2005, 6:46 PM GMT, by Fazal.