View Single Post
Old December 16, 2003, 09:37 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Naah...

Aah the blueprint....

I don't think the west Pakistani army came with the intention of killing one and all. The intention was to be as forceful as decisive as possible. When they talk about the Awami league people they talk about party activists. People vote for parties (often because they identify strongly with an issue- in this case their rights!) but that doesn't make them activists nor do they identify themselves as such. The scale of the resistance and the ensuing frustration, and some seriously rotten apples in the west pakistani army (one rotten apple can eventually get a whole lot rotten if you know what I mean) took advantage of the usual lawlessness associated with the civil war and perpetrated some heinous crimes (rapes and murder of innocent people). Unfortunately thats part of human nature. Nevertheless the crimes that were comitted were often in cold blood and with the knowledge that they won't be persecuted.

The blueprint above is for forcefully and decisively and quickly ending what they perceive as a civil war problem not for a large scale genocide. Please don't let your emotions cloud your judgement. The blueprint was to arrest the troublemakers quickly calm things down as soon as possible and move on before things got too hot. No one wanted a genocide. Not in the beginning. Not when the blueprint was written. I can so see a military planner coming up with such a plan. No emotions. No good. No bad. Just get the job done.

It even offers an explanation as to why the east pakistan army has to be disarmed.....

Explanation: We don't want to embarrass East Pakistani troops, at the same time we can't keep them on duty. They may not like it.

It is a very rational explanation. The civil war was by its nature a very nationalistic one and they were not taking any chances.

Anyways, the thing I find very shocking about this blueprint is that whoever prepared it had already decided the 'fate' of the 'disagreement' in favour of bhutto. It smacks to me of a 'we' versus 'us'. It is obvious they didnot care about our opinion or will. Arrogance! they thought they had it all figured out! Arrest a few people, kill a couple if necessary and all will be hunky dory! HAH!

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by pompous]