View Single Post
Old February 28, 2006, 12:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think a philosophical issue comes up. Do we view the glass as half empty or half full? If you ask me, vis-à-vis our position as a test team, I see it BOTH as half empty and half full. Meaning yes, we could get to 400 in the first innings, yes we can bowl them out close to our score, but also we would be much worse had they taken the catches and the run out(s).

So given our background, I still think 315/9 is pretty good. I would rather that we lost 2-3 wickets fewer by the end of the day. But that is past now, ifs and buts will always be there. When was the last time we scored 300+ in a days play against a test team? I don’t know even if we achieved that against Zimbabwe. I think our batsmen did a very decent job and now it is up to the bowlers to give all that they have. Realistically speaking, I would be happy if we can restrict them to 400, my good sense says they will score much more, while my heart wants them to score under 300. I know, I am digressing here.

The outcome of the match I don’t know, but to me the overall vibes is very positive in this series, so far.