Thread: pace attack
View Single Post
Old February 4, 2004, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Default time to look to the future for pace

ICE: Talk us through some of the players in the World cup squad.
Mcinnes: Well, I've been impressed a lot with our pace bowlers. There is Talha (Jubair) who has already played international cricket and who has a very good head on his shoulders. Then there is Rubayat Huq who is a miniature Glen McGrath, Najmul Hussain who has a big heart and can bowl all day and of course Kazi Shahadat Hossain Rajib who will definitely be a test opening bowler in the future. We also seem to be churning out quality left arm spinners by the lot, so much so that I had to leave out a quality bowler like Arafat Sunny who could have easily walked into most of the other World Cup squads. I also have a lot of faith in my batting department, especially the opening batters. Nafis has a lot of talent and will play for many years in the national team and so is Nayeem Islam. Then Ashiqur Rahman is an excellent middle order bat as well as an excellent tactician. And of course, there is Aftab Hussain who has a very good technique against short-pitched bowling. We also have some quality all rounders like Nadif Chowdhury who is our number one all rounder who can bowl some very good off spin and is a potential test quality batsman. Then there's Abdul Bashar bowling his quick offspinners and is the best fielder in the team. Last but not least, Dhiman Gosh will be our wicketkeeper and he can open the batting too if one of our openers is injured.