View Single Post
Old April 27, 2006, 06:55 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar2005
Miraz, while looking into all your pre-match post on ashraful's resting, I really don't understand what you are trying to say here. While I'm of course appreciating your work on those nice stats, didn't you supported this decision of resting ash for a match or two?

Regarding, aftab, he was definitely not rested willingly. He was sick.

I'm sure most of BD fans are very much aware how crucial these two guys for our team (though not by the statistics as drawn nicely by you). Most importantly, you will appreciate that a person can not be in team if he fails continiously. I'm just not talking about Kenya serries here. Even in test matches against AUS, you noticed that ash is in a bit out of touch. I have no doubt about the capability of these two guys and I'm sure same goes for our selectors as well. Only thing is questionable here, probably they could go with Ashraful once they knew that Aftab was out. Trust you are also refering to this point.
Dear Sar, yes I supported Ash's rest fro the 2nd ODI but when Aftab was rested for the illness Ashraful should be in straightway (Ash got the message he required as he was not in playing XI, bringing him in in last moment could have helped him). We cannot dream of winning or even competing without both Ash & Aftab.

Test & ODI is two different ball game. Ashraful played two consecutive half century in last Sl series one of which was the key for our win. Yet, I supported Ash's exclusion for his own good but I am deadly against keeping both Aftab and Ashraful out of playing XI.