View Single Post
Old April 27, 2006, 11:21 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Cricket

At the same time, this will allow some of our more "medicore" players (as someone has so humorously stated in another thread), a chance to make a name for themselves in Ashraful's absense. We all know Ashraful will eventually filter back into our team's plans (whether that be today, or in a couple of months is in the selectors hands), but in the meantime, it gives us a chance to test out our teams depth, and ability without one of our best players in the side.
Thank you Mr. Cricket for your nice post. I agree with your most points but could not agree with the above quoted paragraph.

We don't want to go backwards and allow mediocre players to make their name in international cricket and again brand Bangladesh as 'no hopers'. We need to play our talented inconsitent players and pick some wins among some defeats. We can expect these talented inconsitent players will become consistent or eventually replaced by talented consistent players.

I can still feel the pain when we have won 3 game out of 99 ODI with a good bunch of mediocre players. I don't want to see similar stats again even in my wildest dreams. Mind it, depth, ability only counts when you win.