View Single Post
Old June 21, 2006, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd
You are right. In fact, the African teams, including some asian teams like Iran or korea, their players play regularly in european leagues. That is why, one reason, they do better. The bangladeshi football federation can easily take such steps to get bangladeshi players, or atleast, bangladeshi passport holders to play for bangladesh, if they are performing well in the top leagues. Remember Turkey in the last world cup, they went as far as Semi Final to be beaten by strong Brazil by only one goal, and that says how strong the turkish team was, and you know what, some of those turkish players played in the germany league, and that only proves that how important it is to play in the top leagues to perform for one's country.
i am not sure if any of the foreign passport holders of bangladeshi origin is good enough to get into their top leagues. imagine there are so many bangladeshi origin uk passport holders and yet u dont see any of them becoming quality soccer player. not even an indian or pakistani origin can be seen, even though u will see them plenty in cricket. i dont think its all to do with interest level in asian communities, as in uk soccer is easily the best sports. the bottom line is they simply dont have the physique, skill comes later. baichhang bhutiya who is probably the best player in indian subcontinent , i think has played in english 3rd division and considered himself lucky