View Single Post
Old June 24, 2006, 04:11 AM
Test Cricketer

i was in Jeddah, saudi arabia for 5 years. My dad used to work there and soon he understood this is not the place to raise his children. The place is blessed by our Prophets and Almight Allah. IF they haven't had those oil, they would have been even poor than us. NO education, social value nothing.

Ending with one story: The apartment we used to live was owned by Yemani Saudi national. As usual he was filthy rich and had 4 wives. They used to live on the top floor. So if i had to go to terrace i always had to go through their flat. And our TV outdoor antenna was there. i was only 12 years of age that time and i dont' know why i used feel a sheer attraction to go there and fix my antenna for no reason. It's about those wives. Each of them were Angel from the sky. You might think Arabs are very conservative and wears borkha while they go out. Well, it's true but inside home, they are the most modern with short dresses. Among the 4 wives, the youngest was the prettiest and somewhat with good nature. She used to give me chocolates and cokes, often tried to talk to me in Arab. I still remember those green eyes. I could feel her love towards me was like a little brother whom she wanted to share her untold story but i couldn't never speak to her.
But oneday, as usual, i went up to fix my antenna(.?.) and what i saw had really stunned my little mind. I discovered her limping, blooded and swelled up face sitting and watching TV. There was no effort to wipe her blood out and she should have been in the hospital. Even in that situation, she gave me chocolates. That was the last day i had ever been to fix antenna. I could still remember her green eyes.

AFter so many years, when i sit back and think about her and wonder, what actually happened to her?
It was her husband who did that to her and it was an usual practise for them. In that man oriented country, there is no justice for woman.