View Single Post
Old June 27, 2006, 01:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Well, on paper , they still are favourite: but, on performance, I believe Germany is the most favourite team to lift the cup. They have a very effcient midfield and attack and play really fast. They also have the home advantage. Brazil, if they some how manage to go to final ( doesnt look like with current performance), they will probably get beaten by the super german team.

But, hey, I am not giving out the thoughts that Brazil wont be able to win this time too. They are pretty good enough to repeat the feat. Only worry, is the coach's tactics. He is playing old slow players are defence and midfield. Players like Carlos, Emersson, Adriano should not play in the starting eleven. It also hamper Ronaldinho game. He likes to play to the front and becoz of Emersson, he has to play below the midfield line. He was superb in 2nd half agasint Ghana and that was becoz, Silva and Juninho was doing the job in the midfield and he could make those run through the wings. This is how it should be, definitely not the way Parreira is playing at the moment.
If brazil gets beaten by teams in the next rounds, to me, I will only blame Parreira for his faulty team selection.