View Single Post
Old July 11, 2006, 09:51 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

im starting to believe that Zidane's action was deliberate and not a result of moment of madness..
after all, why would a highly professional player of his calibe would act such a way and go out of the game disgracefully.

Here is my theory:

After receiving racial slur and being abused based on his religion and background for years and years over his career, he thought its time to act on it and send the whole world a message to think over before he leaves.

He knew exactly what is going to happen if he head-butts Materazzi on such a crucial moment of the game.He will get a redcard and that would create a huge uproar on the world media. There will be countless discussion and relentless media analysis behind such an action.As already, some British newspaper has already hired lip readers and revealed to us that it was a racial slur and something about his ill mother.

Now, FIFA has been crying foul over this race issue for few years now and is putting up big shows like speeches by the captains in wc games to clear up their name and showing the whole world that they care. But do they ?

Now, Zidane was playing his last professional match. He could not give a rat's back if he is being send away. He have already won the world cup once and irrespective of the outcome of that match, he would still be a hero to the French.

If he really wanted to injure Materazzi, he could hv just banged him on his nose, leave him a bleading face. No he didnt do that. He just butt-headed on his chest.

Still shamefull, still disgraced. But i belive he could not care bout his own personal glory anymore but take on a bigger issue corrupting the game itself, racism. I am no Zidane supporter, but i dont think u become such a great player being a stupid.

Hope FIFA is being dragged to investigate into the matter by some huge media and public pressure and the real issue would be addressed and looked after (ie racism).

IF it is so, that was not a moment of madness, but an act of genius.
IF that is the case, HAIL to Zidane.

Otherwise, i cant possible figure out why would Zidane do such a thing...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]