View Single Post
Old July 20, 2006, 07:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
What do you call a problem carte? Am I getting you wrong here? I think we should be proud of the fact that we do not have a diplomatic relation with israel.

truely, occupying someone else's land by force can make you a bandit at best, not a government.
Isn't that how nations were born throughout the history?

Look I don't condone Israel's forceful occupation of Palestine. I'm also realistic enough to understand that after ~60 years, Israel has a right to stay. She is here to stay, and she will. I also acknowledge that according to Geneva Convention, it is illegal to acquire/annex territory by means of war. But that was past and it is not going to change the fact that Israel WILL stay on the map, no matter what Ahmedinejad says. I simply fail to see why ordinary citizens like us have to suffer because of this. It's fine if they don't want to keep a warm relationship, but not recognizing the state at all after so many years is ridiculous. I'll have to wait to gain a citizenship of a 2nd nation now if I want to visit Israel someday (which I do).

I feel this nonrecognition thing is a way of showing a "muslim solidarity", which I personally think is an oxymoron. Examples abound.