View Single Post
Old August 16, 2006, 03:14 PM
Test Cricketer
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Originally Posted by Googly
First of all I must congratulate Miraz for his great effort. I know you are talking about present crop of SLA:p bowlers. But, I have to say that the all time greatest SLA bowler of Bangladesh is none of them. He was perhaps the only world class player in the Bangladesh:p team in late 70s and had a tremendous impact on games against international teams like MCC. He was instrumental in gaining ICC associate membership for :pBangladesh. Some of you may have heard about him or watched him play. He is none other than the great :pSLA:p and Chinaman bowler Khandakar Nazrul Kader Lintu. He used to play for a weak team in the league – Young Pegasus – but stood out through his performance. Lintu had great control and variety in his bowling. The wicket keepers did not have a clue to what he was going to bowl and had difficulty keeping him. Unfortunately for :pBangladesh:place, he was too good a student who stood both in SSC and HSC. He left for the :pUSA:p for graduation and as far as I know he is doing great in his professional career there. To me and many others he is the pioneer of SLA bowling in Bangladesh.
Is Lintu, by any chance, you?
BanglaFootballTV - Watch Bangladesh football videos and match highlights