View Single Post
Old August 27, 2006, 07:31 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulw11
This is already the best start for United in recent years. I think the last time United were on top of the table was two and a half years ago.

I'm glad to see Giggs recapturing his blistering form of a few years back. He is playing exceptionally well. Its also good to see goals coming from all positions of the field. And Saha has gotten off to a great start, two goals from three games and two assists in the last two matches.

Meanwhile Rio is injured and the legend that is Keano is gonna become manager of struggling Sunderland.
If I'm correct we had won our first 3 games last season against rather better sides, and there's a long way to go so we need an exceptionally good start to help us in the later stage.

Giggs is doing very well which is nice to see. Bad for Rio, at least there is no fracture so it's a matter of time he recovers.. and of course, best of luck to Keane! May his team beat anyone except us

It seems United are struggling to close a deal on Hargreaves because Bayern are reluctant to let him go, despite Hargreaves pleaded to let him transfer as he really wants to play for United. This boy played from his heart for England in the WC, it would be a delight to see what he would do for United. So sad if he can't come...

Although Bayern recently got £8m Van Bommel from Barcelona who could possibly replace Hargreaves, I really hope it happens.. c'mon we are offering £17m!

Other news: Arseanal's Reyes seem desperate to leave England.

"The Arsenal forward Jose Antonio Reyes has insisted that he will not play in England again. "I've heard lots of rumours, but the one thing that is clear is that I want to leave London," he said yesterday. "I want to come back to Spain. I will not play again in England."

http://sport.independent.co.uk/footb...cle1222232.ece