View Single Post
Old August 30, 2006, 01:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

lets not get too excited...let us study some examples:

1) ash: "i need to play more responsibly", "i played poorly cuz they bowled too slow" et al.

ash has said stupid things, and he's also said smart things...all in all his career has been pretty stupid. so his words realy don't carry much weight.

2) rajib: "i don't care about anything except pace"

this comment of rajib's was either right before he got smacked for 100 runs at Lords, or right after. this comment made ash's dumbest statements seem genius. of course, we all said and knew that rajib would be a huge nothing in cricket. and look, barely a year later, he has shown immense strides, and has learned to bowl decently, can get some movement and reverse swing.

3) SN: he said all the right things. but ash said the right things, turned out wrong; and rajib said the wrong things, and turned out right. its a matter of what the player has inside his head and behind his rib cage that counts...not the sweet or painful sounds which emenate from his throat.

so lets hope that SN has the goods...i for one believe he does, but we'll have to wait and see if blind faith ends up correct.

#OneTeam1Dream