View Single Post
Old August 30, 2006, 09:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carte Blanche
I was told the same and at that age I was just as cynical of this view as you were. I still find it hard to believe how something like that could be considered Shirq. Admittedly my knowledge of religious matters is very limited, but after reading a little about the different kinds of shirq, I find the Mullah's claim more and more untenable. May be some of our knowledgable users could shed some light on this.
well...if its a job, and they would be starving without the job, i suppose it is okay to skip fasting. but the days must be made up. and i doubt fasting could be forsaken the days they don't play. i've fasted and played stuff before as have my friends. i don't think it makes you any weaker than you already are.

and of course as tigers eye mentioned, hakeem olajuwon and shareef abdur-rahim actually achieved statistical boosts during ramadan. tho its one thing to play in a dome at 68 degrees F, and under the sun at 30 deg C.

whilst traveling, fasting can be made up later. but during home games, i suppose fasting could be postponed.

but i don't know to give a fatwa.

this is just my personal opinion.
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.