View Single Post
Old October 22, 2006, 07:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Muslim countries like Turkey Malaysia and Indonesia are quite tolerant towards non-Muslims. And here we are talking about the UK , a democracy. You cant justify things in UK by saying it happens in Saudi Arabia to non-Muslims.

Dubai is supposedly a Muslim place but many britishers dress in tank tops and miniskirts and dont give 2 hoots about the fact that its a Muslim place. Their excuse is that they are free to dress as they see fit, no one has the right to stop them. Similarly, Muslims also have the right to dress as they want.
I have been to Dubai and have seen many westerners but none with tank tops and definitely not miniskirts. Its upto the Dubai goverment or king or whatever to enforce these things. Coz if he doesnt, then I wouldnt give a hoot either let alone westerners. I used to wear shorts in Bangladesh, and guess what? Its a muslim country too.

Liberal countries like Turkey, Malaysia have accepted this freedom so one can walk covered in full veil or with miniskirt. My point is not many people have accepted the fact that veil is the normal in society, particularly in western country. You have to respect their view coz its their country. Democracy or not.