View Single Post
Old November 5, 2006, 03:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir
I agree. Pilot's experience should count more than how he's batting for now. I believe staying under his shadow, our inexperienced players will learn quite a bit. Btw, I don't know how old Mashfiq is...lazy to find it out.

I think I also like the idea of playing Mashfiq as a batsman for the first little while. That will make him get set in that department before anything...which we really need. Plus, he can come in to help if Pilot needs some rest (say in test matches). I'm not sure about the consequences though. Will this effect his wicket keeping skills?
When u refer to Experience, wat exactly can the younger players learn form Pilot besides "how to score 30 runs in 100 balls when the team has already lost". Mushfique is a safe keeper to my knowledge. In recent times all teams want a keeper to be a good batsmen . Pilot definately doesnt fit that criteria. If Saquib can be tried with success along with Nafees and Farhad( all of them young) than y not Mushfique? Afterall someday he will have to learn to play the likes of Lee and flintoff so y not now? The way u guys are talking abt the World cup, it seems like we are a serious contender for it. We must rather work on for 2011 WC. Plus everyone is aware of his Afrace scandal during the last WC. Wat has he given besides dropping a lot of catches and Bowling Sanwar Hossain at the end overs during Kenya match in the last WC. His captaincy also lost us the match and series in the recent zimbabwe tour when he decided to replace Shahadat rite after he got his hattrick on the third match. Experience... u sure abt it?