View Single Post
Old November 5, 2006, 07:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir
In the same token, we could argue about many more players. If answering all these questios of yours are important, then every team in the world would see change every single tournament. But fortunately, that's not the case. Our Habibul Bashar isn't any better...he brings Rafiq after the 15th over.

If you're not serious about htis world cup, then too bad. We're serious not in the sense of having BD win so many matches, and what not. We are serious in having the team build some players for later. If you're not looking forward to it right from now, then this discussion shouldn't be of your interest. Any discussion re this issue after the WC '07 should be of your interest.
U did not discredit any of the statements that i made about pilot. thanks for that fact. Secondly to support ur arguement u have used the fact that Bashar is not a good captain Either. If u look at the other threads in the past a lot of people finds it necessary to sack bashar from captincy. However he is the senoir most player in the team that gets respect from his peers so i guess that is the reason he is there. And Secondly change is necessary... i mean no one waits to make change till a player retires from the scenes unless he is the very best. Pilot... the very best....u think so....

Every game is important, and WC is the best stage to perform. However experimenting with muchfiq by giving him a few games before the cup( just to see how he does) cannot be called a bad idea. Specially when Pilot is of no good. Lastly Giving Mushfiq some international exposure wont kill him, he is still being groomed for future neways. I just wanted to make a point that on the 2011WC we will be much better off with a WK who has 6 years of exposure rather than 4. And the fact that pilots Experience never came any good to any team. His bowling change signifies the experience he has( which is null). and lets not even talk abt his batting. Howver His keeping is world class... that is the only eperience that he can really use however these days international team prefers a batsman keeper than only just a keeper.
I hope i made my points clear.