View Single Post
Old November 5, 2006, 08:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir
Yup you did. But you haven't been able to convince me. What I'm getting at is not for defending pilot and his capabilities. I'm only talking about the whole scenario, where we have so many inexperienced players. Yes, Mashfiq's 6 years of experience is important, but WC 2007 is also important. There has to be a place where you can draw the line...what do you want more for the big event? A wicket keeper who can still perform (not in batting tho), or a wicket-keeper batsman who we need to experiment with? I don't however mean we shouldn't experiment with Mashfiq at all. May be against weaker opponents would be good. I'm not questioning Mushfiq's qualifications. Miraz bhai has proved his point earlier that Mushfiq has capabilities...so he does. But he has a bright future Inshallah, and we can hang on to his skills for the moment, and let the team play properly in WC '07. After that, say goodbye to Pilot and welcome Mushfiq in. Fortunately enough (for both you and me), we're not gonna make the big decision...so lets just be cool here!

I hope I've proved my point now?
How abt a challange.... Given Mushfique gets to play 1 match in bangladesh jersey against any opposition and gets to keep and bat( comes to crease with atlest 15 overs remaining)... he will turn into a regular feature in the Bangladesh team... I have that much faith in his ability. It is just a friendly challenge.

Again emphasizing for one last time..... Pilots experience proved useless time and time again. I would always prefer an average batsmen and average WK for a ODI than a good WK and mediocre Batsmen.