View Single Post
Old December 6, 2006, 06:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
Thank you I have gone through the FAQs. What bothers me is he was not trying to impose hitler's idoelogy on the forums. He was just a regular poster whose nick was "hitler". I know I have not read all the posts he made but I did not come across any posts of his that would appear offensive to any religion or any groups. I also do not see how his nick was a distraction from this forum's primary business either. Yes i know being here is a privilege and not a right but the mods action on this nick did not quite make sense to me since the member was not doing anything "hitler -ish". So, how things stand so far is if the mods find a nick offensive personally he will have it changed no matter what the forum guidelines say. I just think this is going to enable double standards on this forum and hitler's case is an example. Way too much was being made of just a harmless screen name and seems like he was bullied because of it. Correct me if I am wrong, BC mods do not encourage people with odd beliefs to be a member here then? So if someone is anti semitic( and not preaching his belief's here) then he cannot be a member of this forum even if he is a bangladesh cricket fan which is supposed to be the primary business of this site.
I think you are trying to be too clever. Oti chalaki bhalo na. We deal with these incidents as they come.