View Single Post
Old January 2, 2007, 05:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
he was holding the Quran when he was hanged and these were his last words 'God is great. The nation will be victorious and Palestine is Arab'.
Weren't those his words when the Judge was announcing the verdict ? "Muhammadur" was his last word while hanging, as shown in an un-edited version of the execution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carte Blanche
this is just another victory in the fight against justice - a farcical trial spawned out of a farcical democracy. The charges were mellow because the proper charges would reveal more than the complicit western leaders, past and present, can swallow. Any chance of an appeal was nullified because of the heavy politicization and western intervention. What stings me is how a landmark trial, as historically significant as this, bore not a glimmer of moral superiority on the prosecution's part.

But then, what more could I expect of a country... err I'll stop here; I don't want this to turn into another US-bashing topic.
Very very well worded... my exact sentiment.

However, being personally against a death sentence, I would rather have Saddam get thrown into jail for the rest of his live, however longer he lives. And ofcourse it'd be assured that the man will never be released under any circumstances. If you just kill a criminal with the snap of its neck, then thats a matter of a moment. Why not make the criminal suffer for the rest of its life by staying imprisoned forever ? Why not make the criminal feel the punishment being alive for whatever wrong he has done ? Just killing a criminal kind of makes him get away from it, no ? Well, what happens after life is another story alltogether...