View Single Post
Old January 12, 2007, 09:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Hahaha … lets see how BNP and JI dance on street coming days.
Interesting that Al and Ershad attended and BNP boycotted the ceremony. Fakhruddin Ahmed is very well known in bangladeshi community living in Washington DC/Maryland/VA area and well connected with US politicians. I think he also worked for World Bank. As far as I know if he has any biasness towards any party (which is normal and nothing wrong about it unless he abuses it), then its more towards BNP than any party. Moreover its BNP who offered him the BD Bank Governor job.

Then why BNP boycotted the ceremony? I am pretty sure its not because of Fakhruddin as a candidate (CA), but rather showing that they are not happy with the current development i.e resignation of Iajuddin, delaying the elections, future revamping the EC and voter list.

So on paper AL is supporting the nomination and BNP is kind of non-commital. Again, I think BNP is one step ahead of AL. So if anyone dances again, I think it will be AL who may end up dancing in the street again; only that next time they will have far less credibility to sell it to the foreign governments/institutes.

btw:the rumor (from dristipat) is Prof U was first offered, but he had some precondition demand that Iajuddin government didn't satisfied. So he rejected.

Last edited by Fazal; January 12, 2007 at 09:49 AM..