View Single Post
Old February 6, 2007, 02:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
How can you say Bangladeshi people are politically alert? When Democracy has been stolen from bangladesh over and over again. Bangladesh can not hold an election on time. That is not a sign of politically alert people.
People voted within the choices that were available to them. They cannot 'invent' candidates. The fact that damocracy has been stolen from BD is an established fact, but who would you blame for it? Biut I for one don't anything to do with whatever it is that we had the last 15 years. And are you suggsting the present interim govt. stole democracy from BD? I submit that there never has been Democracy in BD, never. Whatever form of it we've practicing has nearly bankrupted the country. These are all big words we (pseudo) intellectuals like to use, they have no baring on common folk's lives.

I suggest we let he present govt. continue with this cleansing op., re-establish at least some of the agencies/institutions that have bee destroyed in the past 15 years then hold election NOT before that.