View Single Post
Old February 10, 2007, 11:52 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Tigers
I am not sure why everybody is asking for Sumon's head now? Is it because he was run out at the death? If so, do we really know what happened? It cud be Razzak called and didnt response and Sumon got caught in the middle. We dont know. Even if it was his fault that doesnt ask for his head. He was hero last 2 games otherwise we wudn't be talking abt series winning today. People need to understand cricket before making lame comments.

Anyway, CONGRATS BD team for winning a series in a foreign soil. This is the first time happening if I'm not mistaken.
According to the Cricinfo match report, this is what happened: Bashar was backing up a little too far at non-striking end, Razzak hit the ball, which touched the bowler's hand and clipped the bails of the stump?

So in that sense, the only mistake that Bashar did was try to back up Razzak a little, that's it.

Why don't we look at it this way - what are the positives coming out from this incident? Our players need to work extra hard if they want things to go our way, because freaky things may happen anytime in any match.