Thread: I pledge...
View Single Post
Old February 14, 2007, 08:32 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
I dont agree to bonuses for wins against Bermuda or any other associate country. The bonuses should only be offered for personal milestones like half centuries, centuries, 4 wicket hauls and team bonuses for going into the second round. The team bonus should increase progressively if BD can qualify further. Moreover before all the bonus is offered there should be a system of docking a percentage of the match fee if their performance is below par. If good performance is rewarded then bad performance should be punished in the same way. For this they can have the bonus system as an option for the cricketers and only those who sign an agreement regarding the terms of rewards and punishments will be eligible for the bonuses. For punishments I suggest batsmen be docked 50 percent of their total match fees if they fail to score above 30 in at least one of the matches and for bowlers same punishment for failing to keep the economy rate under 4.5 in one match atleast. This is only for the first round and the same system can be applied if Bangladesh advance.
I like the idea.
Individual performances should also be rewarded...

but i dont agree with cutting match fee for bad performances...
why??
i believe everyone in that team and believe they are out there to give their best for the country and for themselves...
when they cant perform good..the punishments does come eventually...axed from the team, coping it from the media, the public uproar and more importantly the feeling of letting 'em down...

c'mon this is not Iraq and Uday is not our sports minister...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]