View Single Post
Old February 26, 2007, 01:35 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default Let's talk about movies

This thread is dedicated for all, preferably intelligent movie-related discussion, favourites or not, what you've watched recently, what you liked/disliked, etc.

I like any good movies regardless of genre, though I prefer movies that are dark and psychologically complex. Last night I watched 'House of Sand and Fog' (Jennifer Connelly, Ben Kingsley). If you've watched it you'd know what an emotionally disturbing movie it is. Not complex, just a very morally ambiguous and hopeless story of tragedy. I haven't even felt this about Requiem for a Dream, which was devastating from first to last. I have moderate favourites for sad endings, like Man on Fire, The Machinist, American Beauty, Million Dollar Baby, etc. I was told about 'Grave of the Fireflies', a WWII themed Japanese anime by the makers of 'Spirited Away' and 'Howl's Moving Castle'. I'm going watch it tonight.

I want recommendations, tell me the most dark, depressing movies you've seen (without revealing spoilers). By that I don't mean awfully boring films that made you waste precious hours of your life.

Also is 'Children of Men' any good?