View Single Post
Old March 13, 2007, 09:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

I don't think Bashar said about getting the big boys to really threaten them or show any undue pompous attitude for beating NZ, I believe he said that because it has become a trend now to sound positive and challenging irrespective of whatever big the opponent is! The teams ranked low in the list adopt the strategy to vindicate their inclusion in the big tournament. Zimbabwe (Utseya) also mentioned about targeting WI and Pakistan, I will say Bashar's comment about the upset wins against India-Lanka coming hot on the heels of beating NZ, a potential contender of the cup, has more grounds! The teams at the top (specially Aus) spare no chance to bring out the issue of how useless and unproductive it is to play Zim-BD or other minnows! Bangladesh do have a chance if not the precise potential strength to beat those teams if everything goes BD way, the same team of NZ that succeeded in chasing 340+ against the mighty Aussies crumbled and had to work hard to pass 200 against the Bangladeshis!!
Zaheed