View Single Post
Old March 20, 2007, 11:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Touched down in trini tonight where it's hot and sultry but there's a cool breeze blowing from the western shore. Port of Spain sparkles below and Alicia's Palace is the defacto camp for the Bangladeshi contingent of journalists...Utpol Shubhro from Prthom Alo and a host of guys from ATN, Channel 1, etc among others, I'll get the names right in another day. Word is Shahadat wasn't going to play anyway and has some kind of groin injury.

Ran into Oracle and the wife at the front desk, and had a quick chat with Tehsin. He reports the players have gone to bed, as opposed to going down to the 51 degrees lounge I passed on my way from the airport ("no prostitutes there, maan", my cabbie, Singh, assured me). Tehsin was parked at the Hilton where the players are, probably drinking orange juice with billah.

Hopefully will find some more folks at breakfast and although i am in 206, will head over to 170 if allowed to move freely about the stadium. The only thing bugging me is MMS is not working on my mobile, which puts a damper on my plans to run a trini cricket blog at a couple of sites for work. And my bluetooth won't turn on either...i guess that's what i get for always using prototype phones! Will figure it out tomorrow....

BD will beat Sri Lanka by 15 runs.