View Single Post
Old December 11, 2002, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Looks like Tehsin Bhai read few newspapers and is very excited for some reason.

Well, I think everyone is over-reacting a bit. As I have noticed (actually went over some of the previous threads), and Pundit mentioned it in an earlier thread that Selection was almost the same as the selection "preferred" by this board's members. The only notable change is Enamul instead of Monju. Had Manju played, their wouldn't have been a slightest change to the total runs. I believe batting is the main concern here, not bowling. Bowlers were actually good the last two days. So, why blame the Selection Committee? If it was just this board, then I would have thought - it's frustration. Many mishandling by BCB caused us to lose some key players. So we are frustrated and try to blame them at every chance we get. But what about all those Bangladeshi run newspapers, Mohsin Kamal, Faruq Ahmed, whatever blaming the selectors? Well I think it's a strategy. After this performance, foreign reporters are seriously questioning Bangladesh's ability in test cricket. Now, if Bangladesh only use the selection committee as the "scapegoat", then there is a message. The message is that "Bangladesh do not suck, it is our selection that sucked - thus the dismal performance. So, please don't think about Bangladesh's test status too much." But the truth is Bangladesh Sucks!! No matter what statistics you bring out or what potential players you mention - BD SUCKS! Just admit it and expect results accordingly. I am not saying be depressed and expect to lose miserably instead you should consider Bangladesh's true ability as a team (no more all click crap). Now, if you feel Bangladesh underperformed - then most of the blame should go unto the players. Khaled Mashud realized it.

One more thing please don't underestimate the West Indies. I feel, if this result was against South Africa or Australia, we wouldn't be this furious. Also, don't dismiss Lawson's bowling, which all foreign media is doing.. (jealous motha****as).. I don't see any other players making this sort of historical bowling figures against Bangladesh when they played us. Give credits where it's due and blame those that deserves it.

Lastly, West Indies here we come to kick your A$$. So WATCH OUT!!

Tehsin bhai, you should turn off the censor! It's useless - makes me even angrier!

[Edited: format and "censor-escape"]

[Edited on 11-12-2002 by Orpheus]