View Single Post
Old March 30, 2004, 05:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Off topic:

Quote:
I know a lot of dumb people who enjoy loud banging music
Yuck.

Quote:
I didn't intend this thread to become a personal platform to debate about meaningless interpretations of a person's dogmatic views.
If you're implying my posts, yuck.

Quote:
Many people has a fine 'brain' but a dreadful mind (knowing you for ages makes me wonder if you fall into this group).

You on the other hand, being cursed with a 'dreadful mind' always try to engage yourself in 'tedious argument with insidious intent'. One acts when one prevaricates.
Yuck.

Quote:
If I am not mistaken, I understand Arnab has a one track mind whose only is intention to irritate others.
Yuck.

----------

Is there any point to this? Look, I entered the thread with some suggestions, like everyone else. I even enthusiastically gave a link to the music I like. Look at my first three posts in this thread. Did I say ANYTHING about the composers that others have mentioned?

It's stupid comments like "Liszt is not melodic", "it's loud, banging music," (fab) etc. that brought about my latter posts, where I described, in more detail, what aspects of Liszt's music moves me. I even bent over backwards to hypothesize, with analogies, why someone would make such stupid comments. Yes, I feel you need more brain power to realize the intricacies of Liszt's work. That doesn't mean you don't have ANY brainpower or whatever, but that you need to culture your listening capabilities. That's all I suggested. I was NOT putting out "meaningless interpretations"(Nascer) or "insidiously intending to irritate" (Nascer again). In fact, I was the one who was irritated by someone else first.

I didn't personally attack ANYONE, nor did I compare Liszt with a particular composer. The contrary happened.

If you don't like Liszt, hey, it's your loss. I am not missing anything myself, because I enjoy every other composer mentioned in this thread. But please, don't post something as ignorant and distasteful as the quotes above. Yuck.

I wish there was a filp off smiley on the board, like they have on the chat. Oh well.

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by Arnab]