View Single Post
Old April 14, 2007, 06:12 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer
All players have a bad run at various times but i think you will find Abir will come out of this one. The difference between he and some of the other names you mentioned has having started well and then faded is that he was averaging 40+ in over 40 games. I am pretty sure none of the other guys got anywhere near this figure. Greg Chappell once got 5 ducks on the trot, as did Mark Waugh, Ricky managed to tour Sri Lanka once making only a handful of runs in three tests, so it does happen. Rest assured i think Abir has the qualities to get through this period. When he does, as has happened with Michael Clarke, they come out the other end a better player, they understand their game better.
You would know him better then most of us and thus hopefully what you say comes out right. But then whats ur opnion on playing him now. Is it better he spents time out in the middle (specially on that Barbados wicket) or should he given a break away from the break just to relax.

There are two ways of looking at it: 1) He plays out there. Spend some time on a difficult wicket and once he gets, the runs wil flow and even his confidence. 2) Since he has spent so much time at the crease over the last few months its time he spends some time away from it.