View Single Post
Old April 24, 2007, 12:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd_fan_from_india
let me make this clear - bangladesh winning the world cup in 2011 will be the best thing to ever happen to the game of cricket, even better than sri lanka winning in 1996. and much as everyone out here wants that to happen, but we should be a slightly more realistic. bangladesh, can make it into the semi-finals comfortably in 2011. bangladesh team in 2011 can be like the sri lankan team in 1995/96 which went on to win the world cup, but then bangladesh needs to find big-hitters. sri lanka had 2 of them at the top and started off scoring at 8-10 runs an over in all their matches. i havent seen bangladesh team pull off a 6+ run an over start in any match against a test-playing nation. the most explosive start i remember seeing of bangladesh was 5.5 runs an over against india this wc. even when bd beat aus, the start was only at around 4-4.5 runs an over.

on another thing, with bangladesh dreaming of winning the world cup, should teams like ireland and nepal also start dreaming to win it in 2015?????
It is really getting too much. Did you watch the ad in your TV stating "Agla world cup hum layenge"? After watching the ad, did a single BD fan go to any indian cricket forum and give a statement about it? We can dream anything positive about our country. We can dream to be the richest country in the world. Why does that bother to you my friend? Do you have any object about our dreams?

You might have missed a point already. We know how to dream. But we don't get hopeless if our dream doesn't convert into reality. Please don't try to teach us what should we dream. Thanks.