View Single Post
Old April 19, 2004, 10:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

I was thinking of beginning this thread yesterday, but then better sense prevailed and I waited till my head cooled off a bit. I agree with most of the comments by the members here, but particularly like the one made by Tehsin. Why did the writer have to make that comment on Bangladesh cricket while describing India’s victories? It was very cheap and shoddy and above all irrelevant. I read cricketnext.com every day. It seems their recent victories is going to their head. There is no question that India are playing well, but what does that have to do with how good or bad Bangladesh are in test cricket. I won’t say that we can beat them now, but surely it would be the most befitting response if it happened soon. That day may not be too far away.

I have been following cricket for a long time. And if some of you do not know, they were the most boring and defensive bunch of cricketers around, probably next to the English cricketers, until the 70s and 80s. I am not here to bash the Indian cricketers or their cricket, but some of their cricket writers are really writing rubbish. One way to address this is to really write a good rebuttal. There are many good writers here and it makes sense that the response be based on facts and not emotion. The other way of course is to ignore it. Writing angry letters with abuses will deflect the issue.

Remember how they had the picture of Tikolo and the captain of the 9 other test teams but not the picture of our captain at the time of the last World cup. They are out on a mission to undermine our efforts. I have not seen any positive writing when we do well.

This is the part that bothers me the most:

The Government of Bangladesh conferred a special honour on Cricketnext.com by bringing out a Postal Stamp highlighting the website's role in development of cricket in that country.

What a hypocritical site!!!