View Single Post
Old April 29, 2007, 01:10 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I too have to disagree with Miraz here. Like Shaad, I find it entertaining and enlightning to watch a flawless performance -all executed with clinical precision. There is nothing robotic about such performances - there is sublime artistry to the way they dominate when they do. That is why I go to watch professional sports. That is why I pay to watch professional sports.
Fair call.
That's the ideal situation where professional sportsman will excel to their best to entertain us. This is happening in NBA, Spanish La League or English Premier league. I agree. Now, it's getting entertaining as most of the teams are acheving that level and are able to challenge the others or force others to do mistakes.

Now, what's happening in Cricket is completely different. Australia has made a daylight difference with others and they are winning without any sort of stretching or competition. I am not willing to pay to watch this.

I am rather more willing to pay to watch matches like England vs West Indies (of this WC) or Sri Lanka vs South Africa where teams make mistakes, play some great cricket and at the end entertain us.