View Single Post
Old April 29, 2007, 07:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
, have I said anything different? Why you disagree?

You missed the whole context of the post. I'm not saying them to stop performing. It's not the performance, it's lack of human touch.

Australians are so professional and perfect, it's really boring to watch their domination. It's like "Auto Pilot" said by Ponting himself.

I think you completely misunderstood what I meant by "for the sake of cricket".

I'll say this, its not that Australia's cricket has hit sky high, but it's because world cricket has kinda slumped. India is no longer as powerful and has the same momentum it did during 90s, Pakistan is goner has it's own share of dramas, SL is probably in it's finest form after a slump in in recent years, Bangladesh has definitely gone up but no way near to challenge Australia's position. Zimbabwe has gone down thanks to Mugabe, SA aren't the same as they were with Jonty and Cronje era, although England has serious problems and drop in performance. Same case with Windies.

Conclusion? Given everyone one has some sort of problem, hardly anyone can stand up and challenge Australia on the face. But since it's my second favourite team, I got no regrets either Although I would have preferred SL to win yesterday.