View Single Post
Old May 2, 2007, 11:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Name 3 more players who played a fluke innings like that. How many did you find? 0
What the hell? You didnt even let me answer the question. Dont just ask a question and then answer it yourself.

Anyway, I guess i didnt explain my point right. By "fluke" i meant that this guy isnt gonna play like that in the national team. We've seen players like him before. Sakib is one interesting player, that, though he is in the national team and is a wonderful prospect, he doesnt play the way he did in first class or age group levels. He almost always had a strike rate of 100+ and now, he struggles to keep his strike rate above 65 in international.
What I'm saying is that a few innings where he blows away the opposition, and that in a first class match as well, isnt going to make him a star player. Sure he might be called up to the national team. But then, just like so many other bangladeshis before, (e.g. tushar), he will not be able to perform the way he does in national or club level. I guarantee you this will happen. I've never even heard of this guy. And after one crazy innings, he's headed off to the 20/20 world cup? It aint gonna happen mate.

And also, nazmul came into bat at number 9. Do you think that a player who to you seems to be the next big thing for bangladesh as a batsman, would come down at number 9, with his team staring down the barrel at 112/7? No way in hell would a team do that. Just goes to show that he pulled it off out of the blue, which further proves that his innings was most likely a brilliant fluke.

How about this? Name me 3 bangladeshi players who have shown promise from age group levels and continued their performances in international levels CONSISTENTLY, besides bashar.

Last edited by cricket_king; May 3, 2007 at 12:02 AM..